The Office of Information Technology and Security (OITS) assists the Department in achieving its regulatory oversight responsibilities through the application of technology. OITS designs, implements and maintains computer programs and applications as well as maintains the technology infrastructure that assists the Department in achieving its goals. OITS also administers the Department's telecommunications system. OITS protects the Department’s information assets ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data. Public record requests and the Department’s records management program are managed by OITS. In addition, physical security, facilities management, and Ohio Administrative Code rule filings, procedures and five-year review processes are managed by OITS.
The Office of Information Technology and Security produces the Department’s user-friendly web site that offers consumers, insurers, and agents online services 24-hours a day.
- The Department’s web address – www.insurance.ohio.gov – is recognizable and easy to remember.
- More than 24 consumer guides and brochures are available on the website.
- Visitors to the site can file complaints and track the complaint status online. Visitors can also access company premium information and complaint ratios.
- The site features an agent locator application to allow consumers to search for agents/agencies by name, city, and zip code. It also provides a way to verify that an agent is licensed to sell insurance in Ohio.
- The site includes a county-by-county listing of all Health Insuring Corporations (HIC) authorized in Ohio, which updates instantaneously when there is a change.
- Financial information on Ohio licensed insurance companies is also available.
- Insurance companies and insurers can complete their required regulatory paperwork via the Department’s website.
- The website contains more than 130 Microsoft Word and PDF forms, which make the required regulatory paperwork process effective and efficient. Many of the forms are automated, allowing information to be directly sent to the Department.
Contact Information Technology and Security