The Consumer Services Division of the Ohio Department of Insurance provides consumer information and investigates complaints involving insurance companies and agents. Pharmacists filing complaints against PBMs can use the PBM form here.
The Department cannot:
- Act as your legal representative, or give you legal advice
- Recommend insurance companies or HMOs
- Force a company to give you what you want if no laws have been broken
- Make determinations about medical necessity
- Address problems with your employer's self-funded health plan, unless the plan involves an insurance company, an HMO or an independent administrator that is licensed with the Department
Do you have a health insurance complaint because your health care service or treatment was denied, reduced, or terminated by your health plan? If yes, it may be too early for you to file a complaint, however you may have appeal rights. You may find information about your appeal rights by consulting your policy or contacting your insurance company or agent.
Click here for important information on How to File a Consumer Complaint.
To file a complaint about an insurance company or agent, click here for the Consumer Complaint Form.
To obtain a hard copy of the Consumer Complaint Form, please call the Ohio Department of Insurance Consumer Services Division at 1-800-686-1526.
Should you have any further questions, please contact a Consumer Services analyst at 1-800-686-1526.