NEW WEB-BASED TITLE REVIEW FILING SYSTEM AVAILABLE FOR
THE 2014 ANNUAL REVIEW PERIOD!
The Department is excited to announce the rollout of a user-friendly, and secure web-based filing option called the Annual Title Review Filing System just in time for the 2014 annual title filing process.
The Annual Title Review Filing System will go live on September 1, 2014, and will streamline the submission of annual reviews, which are due by January 15, 2015.
In order to use the new system, title agents and agency representatives must have a Gateway account with the Department. To sign up for a Gateway account, click here
to create a new account.
As the new Annual Title Review Filing System will capture all information previously reported on the Annual Title Agent / Agency Review Form (INS3283), the Department encourages agents and agencies to gather the following information prior to filing their review:
• Error & omission coverage information
• Surety bond coverage information
• Interest On Trust Accounts (IOTA) information
Annual reviews are required to be submitted by all title agents and agencies, even if a title agent or agency qualifies for an exemption to the independent annual review or their escrow accounts (CPA review).
Exemptions to the independent annual escrow account review (CPA review) are given if:
(1) An agent does not handle escrow account funds related to Ohio transactions.
(2) An agent averages five Ohio transactions or less per month during the twelve month period ending August thirty-first and the agent's escrow accounts have been reviewed during that twelve month period by one or more of the title insurance companies by which it had been appointed.
Additionally, two (2) separate title filings are required if an individual holds both an individual and a business entity license.
As the annual filing requirement is mandated by law, it will be necessary for the Department to pursue administrative action against agents and agencies who fail to file their 2014 annual reviews as required.
To view Ohio Administrative Code 3901-7-01 (Annual review of title agent escrow accounts) click here.
Specific questions regarding the 2014 Annual Title Filing process or the Annual Title Review Filing System may be directed to the Department’s Enforcement Division at (614) 644-2560